Computational fluid dynamics, Traffic flow modeling,Finite Element Method, Discontinuous Gelerkin Method
Contact No.: +91-8591686627
Dr. Sapna Sharma is working with Scohool of Mathematics, Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala since 2015. She has completed her PhD degree in Finite Element Modeling to Heat and Mass Transfer in Micropolar Fluid Flow from IIT Roorkee in October2006. Her research interests include Heat and mass transfer, Traffic flow Modeling, Discontinuous Gelerkin method, Finite Element Method.
- Ph.D. (IIT Roorkee) in Finite Element Modeling to Heat and Mass Transfer in Micropolar Fluid Flow
- M.Sc. (Applied Mathematics) from CCS University Meerut in 2000. Ist Rank in the University
- B.Sc. in Mathematics / CCS University Meerut First class
Experience: Total Teaching Experience 12 years 4month
- July 2006 – December 2011: Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics, BITS Pilani, Rajasthan.
- December 2011 – January 2014: Post Doc Fellow , School of Mathematics, USTC China,.
- August 2014 – July 2015: Assistant Professor , Department of Mathematic, DAV University, Jalandhar,.
- July2015 – September 2018: Assistant Professor, School of Mathematics, Thapar University, Patiala.
- October 2018 – till date: Associate Professor, School of Mathematics, Thapar University, Patiala.
- Differential Equations
- Numerical Analysis
- Numerical Solution to PDE
- Fluid Mechanics
- Finite Element Method
- Discontinuous Gelerkin Method
- Traffic Flow Modeling
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Ramanpreet Kaur and Sapna Sharma." Analyses of lattice hydrodynamic model using delayed feedback control with passing." Physica A 510 (2018): 446-455.
- Ramanpreet Kaur and Sapna Sharma." Analyses of a heterogeneous lattice hydrodynamic model with low and high sensitivity vehicles." Physics Letters A 382 (2018): 1449-1455.
- Ramanpreet Kaur and Sapna Sharma." Analyses and simulation of drivers anticipation effect in a two lane system on curved road with slope." Physica A 499 (2018): 110-120 .
- Ramanpreet Kaur and Sapna Sharma." Analysis of driver’s characteristics on a curved road in a lattice model." Physica A 471 (2017): 59-67.
- Sapna Sharma." Modeling and analyses of driver's characteristics in a traffic system with passing ." Nonlinear Dynamics 86(3) (2016): 2093-2104. [Impact Factor 1.722].
- S. Rawat, R. Bhargava and Sapna Sharma." Sensitivity Analysis of pulatile hydromagnetic biofluid flow and heat transfer with nonlinear darcy-Forchheimer drag." Journal of Applied Fluid Mechanics 9(3) (2016). [Impact Factor 0.746].
- Sapna Sharma." Effect of driver’s anticipation in a new two-lane lattice model with the consideration of optimal current difference." Nonlinear Dynamics 81 (2015): 991-1003. [Impact Factor 2.419].
- Sapna Sharma." Lattice hydrodynamic modeling of two-lane traffic flow with timid and aggressive driving behavior." Physica A 421 (2015): 401-411. [Impact Factor 1.722].
- Arvind K. Gupta, Sapna Sharma and Poonam Redhu." Effect of multi-phase optimal velocity function on jamming transition in a lattice hydrodynamic model with passing." Nonlinear Dynamics 80(3) (2015): 1091-1108. [Impact Factor 2.419].
- Arvind K. Gupta, Sapna Sharma and Poonam Redhu." Analyses of lattice traffic flow model on a gradient highway." Communication in theoretical Physics 62 (2015): 393. [Impact Factor 1.049].
- Arvind K. Gupta and Sapna Sharma." Analysis of wave properties of a new two-lane continuum model with consideration of the coupling effect." Chinese Physics B 21(1) (2012): 015201. [Impact Factor 2.103].
- Arvind K. Gupta and Sapna Sharma." Nonlinear analysis of traffic jams in an anisotropic continuum model." Chinese Physics B 19(11) (2010): 110503. [Impact Factor 2.103].
- R. Bhargava, O. Anwar Bég, Sapna Sharma and J. Zueco." Finite element study of nonlinear two-dimensional deoxygenated biomagnetic micropolar flow." Commun Nonlinear Sci Numer Simulat 15 (2010): 1210-1223. [Impact Factor 2.697].
- R. Bhargava, Sapna Sharma, H. S. Takhar, O. A. Bég and P. Bhargava." Numerical solutions for micropolar transport phenomena over a nonlinear stretching sheet." Nonlinear Analysis: Modelling and Control 12(1) (2008): 45-63. [Impact Factor 0.952].
- R. Bhargava, Sapna Sharma, P. Bhargava, and H. S. Takhar." MHD heat and mass transfer of micropolar fluid flow over a stretching sheet." International Journal of Fluid Mechanics Research 34(1) (2007): 79-97.
- O. A. Bég, H. S. Takhar, R. Bhargava, Sapna Sharma and T.-K. Hung,." Mathematical modeling of biomagnetic flow in a micropolar fluid-saturated Darcian porous medium." International Journal of Fluid Mechanics Research 34(5) (2007): 403-424.
- Sapna Sharma and Siddharth Sharma. " Presented a paper in National Conference on Mathematical Modeling and Analysis (NCMMA 2004)" on 08 - 09 October 2004, organized by BITS Pilani.
- Sapna Sharma. " Numerical simulation of heat and Mass transfer in Micropolar fluid flow over nonlinear stretching sheet " Modeling and Simulation in life Sciences, Materials and Technology" on 08 - 09 October 2004, organized by BITS Pilani.
- Sapna Sharma. " Instructional school on computational PDE’S" on 05 - 24 June 2005, organized by IIT Bombay.
- R. Bhargava, Sapna Sharma, and H. S. Takhar. " Numerical Double Diffusive Heat and Mass Transfer of Micropolar Fluid in a Square Enclosure by Finite Element Method" 18th National and 7th ISHMT-ASME, Heat and Mass Transfer Conference on 04 - 06 January 2006, organized by IIT Guwahati, India.
- R. Bhargava, Sapna Sharma, H. S. Takhar , Tasveer A. Bégd, O. Anwar Bég and T. K. Hung. " Peristaltic Pumping of Micropolar Fluid in Porous Channel –Model for Stenoesed Arteries." 5th world congress of Biomechanics on 29-04 august 2006 at Munich Germany.
Sponsered Research Projects
- DST Project (MATRICS).,"Understanding traffic dynamics via lattice hydrodynamic approach Modeling, analysis and simulation." (2018-2021).
- DST Fast track project titled, "High Order Discontinuous Gelerkin Method for Unsteady Incompressible Navier-Stokes Equation Analysis and Simulation." (2015-2018).
- UK-India Education and Research Initiative titled," A collaborative research framework for structures subjected to extreme loads."(2012-2015). Completed.
- project titled,"High resolution numerical methods for oblique shock wave hitting a slope wedge, by China scientific universities scientific fund." (2013 -2015). Completed.
Achievement, Awards and Recognitions
- Awarded the Shri Guru Pitajee Maharaj Memorial Gold Medal for best student of the college in M.Sc. (Maths) in second year examination for the year 2000 at C.C.S University, Meerut.
- Awarded the Smt. Krishna Memorial Gold Medal for best student of M.A.\M.Sc. (Maths) scoring highest marks in second year examination for the year 2000 at C.C.S University, Meerut.
- Awarded the Pt Balram Pandey Memorial Gold Medal for best PG student of Science faculty M.Sc. (Maths) for the year 2000 at C.C.S University, Meerut.
Message to Students & Community
Never lose hope, until and unless you are not getting success.