Computational Fluid Dynamics
Dr. Bhuvaneshvar Kumar is working as an Assistant professor in the School of Mathematics (SOM), Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology (TIET), Patiala since 01/07/2021. He has received his Master’s degree in Mathematics (M.Sc) from Gurukul Kangri Vishwavidhyalaya Haridwar in 2015 and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Computational Fluid Dynamics from IIT (ISM) Dhanbad in Jan, 2021. He had worked as Assistant Professor (temporary) in Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, Bhopal from 17/09/2020 to 31/12/2020. He was the Postdoctoral fellow in IIT Madras from 01/01/2021 to 30/06/2021. He has qualified NET 2015, GATE 2016, GATE 2017 and GATE 2018 exams. He was the Gold Medalist in his Master’s course. He has 12 research publications in which 9 are SCI. Two times, he has received best paper presentation award.
- 2016–2021, Ph.D. (IIT (ISM) Dhanbad) in Computational Fluid Dynamics
- 2013–2015, M.Sc. Mathematics, Gurukul Kangri Vishwavidhyalaya Haridwar, 85.96 %
- 2011–2013, B.Sc., Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Rohilkhand University, Bareilly, 65.4%
- 2010, Intermediate, U.P. Board, Allahabad, 77.5 %
- 2008, High School, U.P. Board, Allahabad, 68.5 %
Experience: Total teaching and research Experience 10 month
- September 2020 to December 2020: Assistant Professor (Contract), Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, Bhopal
- Jan 2021 to June 2021: Postdoctoral Fellow, IIT Madras
- Jul 2021 to Present: Assistant Professor (Term), Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala
- Fluid Dynamics
- Numerical Analysis
- Differential Equation
- Boundary Layer Theory
- Heat and Mass transfer
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- B. Kumar, G. S. Seth, M. K. Singh and A. J. Chamkha, "Carbon nanotubes (CNTs) based flow between two spinning discs with porous medium, Cattaneo-Christov (Non-Fourier) model and convective thermal condition", Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry, 2020, DOI: 10.1007/s10973-020-09952-w (SCI, IF=4.626).
- B. Kumar, G. S. Seth, R. Nandkeolyar and A. J. Chamkha, "Outlining the impact of induced magnetic field and thermal radiation on magneto-convection flow of dissipative fluid", International Journal of Thermal Science, Vol. 146, Article ID 106101, 2019, (SCI, IF=3.744) (Elsevier).
- V. K. Sinha, B. Kumar, G. S. Seth and R. Nandkeolyar "Features of Jeffrey fluid flow with Hall current: A spectral simulation (SLM)", Pramana, Vol. 94 , Article no 64, 2020, DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/s12043-020-1940-y (SCI, IF=2.219) (Springer).
- B. Kumar, G. S. Seth, and R. Nandkeolyar, "Quadratic multiple regression model and spectral relaxation approach to analyse stagnation point nanofluid flow with second-order slip", Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part E: Journal of Process Mechanical Engineering, Vol. 234 (1), pp. 3-14, 2020 https://doi.org/10.1177/0954408919878984 (SCI, IF=1.620) (SAGE Journals )
- B. Kumar, G. S. Seth and R. Nandkeolyar, "Regression model and successive linearization approach to analyse stagnation point micropolar nanofluid flow over a stretching sheet in a porous medium with nonlinear thermal radiation", Physica Scripta, Vol. 94 (11), pp. 115211, 2019, DOI https://dx.doi.org/10.1088/1402-4896/ab2078 (SCI, IF=2.487)(IOP Science).
- B. Kumar, G. S. Seth and R. Nandkeolyar, "Successive linearisation approach to analyse thermally radiative stagnation point micropolar nanofluid flow with regression model", Pramana, Vol. 93 (5), 74, 2019, DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/s12043-019-1834-z (SCI, IF=2.219) (Springer).
- B. Kumar and G. S. Seth, "MHD stagnation point transient flow of nanofluid past a stretching sheet: SRM approach", Latin American Applied Research , Vol. 49 (3), pp. 205-211, 2019, (SCI, IF=0.184) (Planta Piloto de Ingenieria Quimica, CONICET / Universidad Nacional del Sur).
- B. Kumar, G. S. Seth and R. Nandkeolyar, "Regression model and analysis of MHD mixed convective stagnation point nanofluid flow: SLM and SRM approach", Bulgarian Chemical Communications, Vol. 51 (4), pp. 557 - 568, 2019, (SCI, IF=0.238) (Bulgarian Chemical Society).
- B. Kumar, G. S. Seth, R. Nandkeolyar and V. K. Sinha, "Numerical Simulation of MHD Stagnation Point Flow of Micropolar Heat Generating and Dissipative Nanofluid : SLM Approach", Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, India Section A: Physical Sciences, 2019, DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/s40010-020-00704-x (SCI, IF=1.544) (Springer).
- G. S. Seth, B. Kumar and R. Nandkeolyar, "MHD Mixed Convection Stagnation Point Flow of a Micropolar Nanofluid Adjacent to Stretching Sheet: A Revised Model with Successive Linearization Method", Journal of Nanofluids, Vol. 8, pp. 620-630, 2019 (Web of Science, ESCI) (American Scientific Publishers).
- B. Kumar and G. S. Seth, "Unsteady stagnation point nanofluid flow over a stretching sheet with thermal radiation", International Conference on Applied and Computational Mathematics, pp. 115-128, 2018 Springer, Singapore.
- V. K. Sinha, B. Kumar, G. S. Seth and R. Nandkeolyar, "Outlining the Impact of Thermal Radiation on Micropolar Nanfluid Viscous Dissipative Flow: A Spectral Method Based Numerical Simulation with Regression Analysis", AIP Conference Proceedings, 2019, https://doi.org/10.1063/5.0019259 .
Achievement, Awards and Recognitions
Message to Students & Community
Never lose hope, you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.