Mathematical modelling of epidemiology classes, Nonlinear dynamics and fuzzy optimization
Dr. Tina Verma is working as an Assistant Professor in the School of Mathematics (SOM), Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology (TIET), Patiala. Before joining Thapar she was working as Postdoctoral fellow in Indian Institute of Technology Ropar from 2017-2020. She received her degree of Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) from School of Mathematics, TIET, Patiala in 2016 and she was awarded with INSPIRE fellowship by Department of Science and Technology. She received her Master’s degree in Mathematics (MSc) from TIET, Patiala in 2012. She was awarded with Gold and silver medal for securing first rank in MSc. Her research area is fuzzy optimization, game theory, epidemiology and non-linear dynamics.
- Postdoctoral (IIT Ropar) in Synchronization and stability of epidemiology classes
- Ph.D. (TIET Patiala) in Non-cooperative games with fuzzy parameters
- M. Sc. (TIET Patiala) in Mathematics and Computing (9.92 CGPA)
- B.Sc. (Punjabi University, Patiala) in Computer, Statistics and Mathematics (83.14%)
Experience: Total Teaching Experience 3 years
- Optimization Techniques
- Linear Algebra
- Discrete Mathematics
- Dynamical behavior
- Fuzzy Optimization
- • Verma, Tina, and Arvind Kumar Gupta. "Network synchronization, stability and rhythmic processes in a diffusive mean-field coupled SEIR model." Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation (2021): 105927. • Verma, Tina. "A novel method for solving constrained matrix games with fuzzy payoffs." Journal of Intelligent & Fuzzy Systems 40(1) (2021): 191-204. • Verma, Tina, and Arvind Kumar Gupta. "Mean-field dispersal induced synchrony and stability in an epidemic model under patchy environment." Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications 541 (2020): 123300. • Verma, Tina, and Amit Kumar "Ambika methods for solving matrix games with intuitionistic fuzzy payoffs." IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems, 26(1) (2018): 270-283. • Verma, Tina, and Amit Kumar. "A note on “A methodology for matrix games with payoffs of triangular intuitionistic fuzzy number”." Journal of Intelligent & Fuzzy Systems 27(4) (2014): 1689-1691. • Verma, Tina, and Amit Kumar. "A note on “A lexicographic method for matrix games with payoffs of triangular intuitionistic fuzzy numbers”." International Journal of Computational Intelligence Systems 8(4) (2015): 690-700. • Verma, Tina, Amit Kumar, and S. S. Appadoo. "Modified difference-index based ranking bilinear programming approach to solving bimatrix games with payoffs of trapezoidal intuitionistic fuzzy numbers." Journal of Intelligent & Fuzzy Systems 29(4) (2015): 1607-1618. • Verma, Tina, and Amit Kumar "Matrix games with interval payoffs." Studies in Fuzziness and Soft Computing (2020): 1-36. • Verma, Tina, and Amit Kumar "Matrix games with fuzzy payoffs." Studies in Fuzziness and Soft Computing (2020): 37-63. • Verma, Tina, and Amit Kumar "Constrained matrix games with fuzzy payoffs." Studies in Fuzziness and Soft Computing (2020): 65-99. • Verma, Tina, and Amit Kumar "Matrix games with intuitionistic fuzzy payoffs." Studies in Fuzziness and Soft Computing (2020): 101-150. • Verma, Tina, and Amit Kumar. Fuzzy Solution Concepts for Non-cooperative Games. Springer International Publishing, 2020. • Verma, Tina, and Amit Kumar. "Jagdambika Method for Solving Matrix Games with Fuzzy Payoffs." Recent Developments and the New Direction in Soft-Computing Foundations and Applications. Springer, Cham, 2018. 259-269.
- • Verma, Tina, Amit Kumar and S. S. Appadoo. “Modified fast approach to compute fuzzy values of matrix games with payoffs of triangular fuzzy numbers” in Third International Conference on Business and Management held on December, 26-27, 2014 organized by Academic Research Conference 2014 in Mumbai, India.Pap • Verma, Tina. “A note on “Solving bimatrix games with fuzzy payoffs by introducing Nature as a third player”” in International Conference on Modeling, Simulation and Optimizing Techniques (ICMSOT-2015) held on February 12-14, 2015 organized by PG Department of Mathematics D.A.V. College, Jalandhar, Punjab. • Verma, Tina. “A note on “Matrix game with interval data”” in International Conference on Advances in Mathematical Sciences–2015 (ICAMS-2015) held on March 19-21, 2015 organized by Khalsa College Patiala in collaboration with International Multidisciplinary Research Foundation. • Verma, Tina. “A comment on “A bi-objective programming approach to solve matrix games with payoffs of Atanassov’s triangular intuitionistic fuzzy numbers””, Fifth International Conference on Mathematical Sciences, ICM 2016 held on March 21-24, 2016 United Arab Emirates University, Al-Ain, UAE. • Verma, Tina and A.K. Gupta, “ A bi-objective programming approach for solving imprecise matrix games by considering payoffs as interval”, International Symposium on Operations Research and Game Theory: Modeling and Computation, held on January 9-11, 2018 at Indian Statistical Institute, Delhi Centre. • Verma, Tina and A.K. Gupta, “An approach to solve uncertain two person zero sum games with payoffs as fuzzy numbers”, International Conference on Mathematics, held on June 29-30, 2018 at St.Thomas" College(Autonomous), Thrissur, Kerala, India. • Verma, Tina, “An innovative approach to solve triangular type-2 intuitionistic fuzzy matrix games ”, 9th International Congress on Industrial and Applied Mathematics - ICIAM 2019, held on July 15-19, 2019 at University of Valencia, Valencia, Spain.
Achievement, Awards and Recognitions
- Awarded with INSPIRE Fellowship by Department of Science and Technology for pursuing Ph.D. on the basis of being topper in M.Sc.
- Upgraded from JRF to SRF within one year of JRF level under INSPIRE Fellowship. (Fellowship Amount: (₹28,000+₹2800=₹30,800).
- Honored with Roll of Honor Certificate and Cash Prize at Chandigarh by Prof. Mohan Paul, Vice-Chancellor of Jammu University for being topper in M.Sc.
- Awarded with GOLD MEDAL for being topper in M.Sc.
- Awarded with Silver medal and cash prize (₹ 42,000) for securing 1st rank in M.Sc. (First year).
- Awarded by cash prize (₹ 10,000) for securing 3rd rank in the entrance test of M.Sc.
- Awarded by prize in 10+2 for being topper in school and attained 183 rank in merit list.
- Awarded by prize in 9th standard for securing 1st position.