Numerical Partial Differential Equations
Paramjeet Singh is Assistant Professor of Mathematics, at Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala since July 2013. Before joining Thapar he was working as Postdoctoral Researcher in University of Cape Town, South Africa (2012-2013). He completed his PhD in Mathematics from Panjab University at Chandigarh in June 2012 and his research was sponsored by CSIR, Govt of India as Junior and Senior Research Fellowship. His research is motivated by applications of differential equations in neuroscience and numerical analysis. He taught many courses viz. Functional Analysis, Numerical Analysis, Mathematics 1 and 2, Probability and Statistics etc. at PG and UG Level.
- Numerical Analysis of Tumor Growth Models using Discontinuous Galerkin Techniques
Funding agency :NBHM, DAE (recently sanctioned)
Membership of Professional Institutions, Associations,Societies
- American Mathematical Society (AMS)
- Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM)
- SIAM activity group on Analysis of Partial Differential Equations (SIAG/APDE)
Publications and other Research Outputs
- S. Kumar and P. Singh. Finite volume approximations for size structured neuron model. Differ. Equ. Dyn. Syst. 25 (2), 251–265, 2017.
- P. Singh, M. K. Kadalbajoo, and K. Sharma. Probability density function of leaky integrate-and- fire model with Lévy noise and its numerical approximation. Numer. Anal. Appl. 9 (1), 66–73, 2016.
- S. Kumar and P. Singh. Higher-order MUSCL scheme for transport equation originating in a neuronal model. Comput. Math. Appl. 70 (12), 2838–2853, 2015.
- D. Garg and P. Singh. Dynamic task allocation in distributed computing systems by heuristic algorithms. Int. J. of Operational Research. 21 (4), 391–408, 2014.
- P. Singh and K. Sharma. Numerical approximations to the transport equation arising in neuronal variability. Int. J. Pure Appl. Math. 69 (3), 341–356, 2011.
- P. Singh and K. Sharma. Finite difference approximations for the first-order hyperbolic partial differential equation with point-wise delay. Int. J. Pure Appl. Math. 67 (1), 49–67, 2011.
- P. Singh and K. Sharma. Numerical solution of first- order hyperbolic partial differential-difference equation with shift. Numer. Methods Partial Differential Equations 26 (1), 107–116, 2010.
- K. Sharma and P. Singh. Hyperbolic partial differential- difference equation in the mathematical modeling of neuronal firing and its numerical solution. Appl. Math. Comput. 201 (1-2), 229–238, 2008.
Awards and Honours
French Government Sandwich Ph.D. Fellowship Award for 6 months during April 23-October 20, 2010.
Description of Research Interests
Paramjeet Singh’s research interests are in numerical analysis of partial differential equations. We investigate the mathematical and numerical analysis of partial differential models from Neuroscience.