Numerical Astrophysics (Stellar Structures and Oscillations)
Ankush Pathania is working as an Associate Professor in the School of Mathematics (SOM), Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology (TIET), Patiala. He received his master’s degree in Mathematics from Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar in 2004 and Doctor of Philosophy in Applied Mathematics from School of Mathematics and Computer Applications (SMCA), TIET, Patiala in 2010. He has been teaching undergraduate and postgraduate mathematics courses at Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala since 2009. He has published 11 SCI research papers and completed one CSIR sponsored major research project (April 2017 – March 2020). He has also guided one PhD and two master’s students.
Experience: Total Teaching Experience: More than 10 years
Research Interest :
- Differential Equations, Laplace Equations, Fourier Series, Linear Algebra
- Numerical Analysis
- Stellar Structures
- Numerical Analysis
- Mathematics Education
- Kumar, T, Pathania, A and Lal, A K, 2018, Effect of interaction of the various modes on the radial velocity curves of the polytropic models of rotationally and tidally distorted pulsating variables stars, Research in Astronomy and Astrophysics (RAA), 18 (12), 149 (14pp)
- Kumar, T, Lal, A K and Pathania, A, 2018, Effects of rotation and tidal distortions on the shapes of radial velocity curves of polytropic models of pulsating variable stars, Research in Astronomy and Astrophysics (RAA), 18(6), 63 (10pp).
- Pathania, A and Medupe, T, 2014, Dimensions and equilibrium structures of the primary components of the nonsynchronous binary system, New Astronomy, 26, 1-11.
- Pathania, A, Lal, A K and Mohan, C, 2013, On the use of Roche equipotentials in analyzing the problems of binary and rotating stars, Journal of Astrophysics and Astronomy (JOAA), 34, 69-73.
- Lal, A K, Kumar, T and Pathania, A, 2013, Eigenfrequencies of rotationally and tidally distorted white dwarf models of stars, Astrophysics and Space Science (Ap&SS), 345, 155 – 167.
- Pathania, A, Lal, A K, Mohan, C and Medupe, T, 2012, Kippenhahn and Thomas Averaging method for the structures of rotating stars, Bulletin of the Astronomical Society of India (BASI), 40, 41 – 50.
- Pathania, A and Medupe, T, 2012, Radius of the Roche equipotential surfaces, Astrophysics and Space Science (Ap&SS), 338, 127 – 145.
- Pathania, A, Lal, A K and Mohan, C, 2012, Structures and oscillations of rotationally and tidally distorted stars in binary systems in the presence of Coriolis force, Proceedings of the Royal Society A: Mathematical, Physical and Engineering Sciences (PRSA), 468 (2138), 448 – 466.
- Lal, A K, Pathania, A, Bhalla, A and Mohan, C, 2009, Eigenfrequencies of small adiabatic barotropic modes of oscillations of differentially rotating polytropic models of stars obeying a generalized law of differential rotation, Journal of Physics A: Mathematical and Theoretical, 42, 485215.
- Lal, A K, Pathania, A and Mohan, C, 2009, Effect of Coriolis force on the shapes of rotating stars and stars in binary systems, Astrophysics and Space Science (Ap&SS), 319, 45 – 53.
- Lal, A K, Pathania, A and Mohan, C, 2008, Effect of Coriolis force on the equilibrium structures of rotating stars and stars in binary systems, Astrophysics and Space Science (Ap&SS), 315, 157 – 165.