Approximation Theory, Fixed Point Theory, Operator Theory, Numerical Analysis.
Dr. Sumit Chandok obtained his Master degree in Mathematics from Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar, Punjab, India. Dr. Chandok completed his Ph.D. in Faculty of Sciences in the subject of Mathematics with title "Approximation and Fixed Point Problems in Abstract Spaces" from Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar, Punjab, India. He has good number of research publications published in SCI/SCIE journals of high repute. Dr Chandok published a book and more than 100 research papers in the International/National journals of high repute on Fixed Point Theory, Approximation Theory and Nonlinear Analysis. Dr. Chandok has completed two research projects of different government agencies and guided two Ph.D. students Dr. Chandok is a reviewer of Mathematical Reviews of American Mathematical Society (MathSciNet) and Zentralblatt MATH (zbMATH) of European Mathematical Society. He is also editorial board member of many International/National journals of high repute. Dr. Chandok is a member of many societies like American Mathematical Society, Indian Society of Technical Education, etc.
Web-page Link for details: Click here
Experience: Total Teaching and Research Experience: More than 15 years
- Real Analysis
- Functional Analysis
- Numerical Analysis
- Nonlinear Analysis (Development of fixed point theorems and its applications to other fields)
- Approximation Theory
- Convex Analysis and its Applications
- Mathematical Modeling
- Sumit Chandok, Arbitrary binary relations, contraction mappings, and b-metric spaces, Ukrainian Mathematical Journal, 2020, 72(4), pp. 651–662 (SCIE-0.518, Springer).
- Sumit Chandok, R.K. Sharma, S. Radenovic, Multivalued problems via orthogonal contraction mappings with application to fractional differential equation, Journal of Fixed Point Theory and Applications, 23(2) (2021), 14 (SCIE-1.741, Springer).
- For more details:
- Google Scholar Link
- Scopus Link
- MathSciNet Link (AMS)
- ZbMath Link
- Completed a SEED grant project entitled “Some Fixed Point Problems in Abstract Spaces with Applications” of amount Rs. 2,40,000/- as Principal investigator, in Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala, India during 2017- 2019.
- Completed AISTDF/DST grant project entitled “Iterative Algorithms and Stability of Functional Equations in Quasi-Banach Spaces” of amount Rs. 35,65,696/- as Principal Investigator in Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala, India during 2019-2021.
- Ongoing NBHM-DAE grant research project entitled “Some Best Approximation Problems in Abstract Spaces” of amount Rs. 16,14,900/- as Principal Investigator in Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala, India.
Details of Ph.D. Thesis Supervised:
- Harish Kalia (1213018), Topic of Thesis “Some Theoretical Investigations on Nonlinear Propagation of Laser/ Electromagnetic Beam in Plasma”, 2020 jointly with Dr. M. Aggarwal.
- Deepak Kumar (14138479), Topic of Thesis, "Some Fixed Point Problems and their Applications in Abstract Spaces", 2019.
- For details see Click Here