Approximation Theory, Fixed Point Theory, Operator Theory, Numerical Analysis.
Dr. Sumit Chandok obtained his Ph.D. in Faculty of Sciences in the subject of Mathematics from Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar, Punjab, India. Dr. Chandok published a book and more than 100 research papers in the International/National journals of high repute on Fixed Point Theory, Approximation Theory and Nonlinear Analysis. He has completed two research projects of different agencies. Also, he has supervised four Masters’ and two Ph.D. dissertations.
Dr. Chandok is a reviewer of Mathematical Reviews of American Mathematical Society (MathSciNet) and Zentralblatt MATH (zbMATH) of European Mathematical Society. Dr. Chandok is a member of many societies like American Mathematical Society, Indian Society of Technical Education, etc. He is also editorial board member of many International/National journals of high repute.
- Real Analysis
- Functional Analysis
- Numerical Analysis
Research Interest :
- Nonlinear Analysis (Development of fixed point theorems and its applications to other fields)
- Approximation Theory
- Variational Inequality Problems
- Convex Analysis and its Applications
- Mathematical Modeling
Some selected journal publications :
- Sumit Chandok, Arbitrary binary relations, contraction mappings, and b-metric spaces, Ukrainian Mathematical Journal, 2020, 72(4), pp. 651–662 (SCIE-0.464, Springer).
- Sumit Chandok, R.K. Sharma, S. Radenovic, Multivalued problems via orthogonal contraction mappings with application to fractional differential equation, Journal of Fixed Point Theory and Applications, 23(2) (2021), 14 (SCIE-2.000, Springer).
- R. K. Sharma, Sumit Chandok, Quartic functional equation: Ulam-type stability in (\beta,p)-Banach space and non-Archimedean \beta-normed space, Journal of Mathematics Volume 2022 | Article ID 9908530 | https://doi.org/10.1155/2022/9908530 (SCIE-1.555).
- RK Sharma, S Chandok, The generalized hyperstability of general linear equation in quasi-2-Banach space, Acta Mathematica Scientia 42 (4)(2022), 1357-1372 (SCIE-1.085).
- S Chandok, L Paunović, S Radenović, Incomplete metric with the application for integral equations of Volterra type, Mathematical Problems in Engineering 2022 Article ID 5959903 | https://doi.org/10.1155/2022/5959903 (SCI-1.43).
- M Kaur, Sumit Chandok, Convergence and stability of a novel M‐iterative algorithm with an application, Mathematical Problems in Engineering, Volume 2022 | Article ID 9327527 | https://doi.org/10.1155/2022/9327527 (SCIE-1.430).
- Sumit Chandok, Existence of solution to multivalued problems in incomplete metric spaces with applications, Mikolc Math Notes, MMN-4052 (SCIE-1.085).
Google Scholar & Scopus Profile
- Google Scholar Link
- Scopus Link
- MathSciNet Link (AMS)
- ZbMath Link
- Completed a SEED project entitled “Some Fixed Point Problems in Abstract Spaces with Applications” of amount Rs. 2,40,000/- as Principal investigator, in Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala, India during 2017- 2019.
- Completed AISTDF-Department of Science & Technology, Government of India, project entitled “Iterative Algorithms and Stability of Functional Equations in Quasi-Banach Spaces” of amount Rs. 35,65,696/- as Principal Investigator in Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala, India during 2019-2022.
- Ongoing NBHM-Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India, research project entitled “Some Best Approximation Problems in Abstract Spaces” of amount Rs. 16,14,900/- as Principal Investigator in Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala, India, 2020-2023.
Ph.D. Thesis Supervised:
- Harish Kalia (1213018), Topic of Thesis “Some Theoretical Investigations on Nonlinear Propagation of Laser/ Electromagnetic Beam in Plasma”, 2020 jointly with Dr. M. Aggarwal.
- Deepak Kumar (14138479), Topic of Thesis, "Some Fixed Point Problems and their Applications in Abstract Spaces", 2019.
Personal Web-page Link for details: Click here