Image Processing, Database Administration and Application Development
EXPERIENCE (Total More than 18 Years)
An Experience of about more than 10 years in teaching.
- Published 03 SCI and 05 Non-SCI papers.
- Guided 04 M.Tech (Computer Science & Applictions) Students
- Guided 02 M.Sc (Mathematics & Computing) Students
- Active Reviewer for the Journal of Pattern Recognition.
An Experience of about more than 18 years in the field of Project Management/ Development:
- Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala as System Analyst since 2008 to till date
- Punjab Public Service Commission, Patiala,System Analyst, March 2006 to Aug 2008
- Government of Punjab, Department of Information Technology,Asstt. System Manager-cum-IT Consultant (Group A) from Nov 2003 to March 2006
- Reliance Infocomm ,Asstt. Network Engineer from July, 2003 to Nov 2003
- ST Microelectronics Noida,Training on FPGAs from Jan, 2003 to June 2003
- PSEB, Ablowal Grid Patiala,Training on SCADA System (part-time) from July, 2002 to Nov, 2002
Job Profile at Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala
- Implementation & Management services of Red Hat Linux Enterprise Server, Windows Server 2008 standard R2, Database & Web Services related to Domain, RDP, FTP, telnet etc.
- Teaching MCA/ MSc (Mathematics & Computing) students.
- Designed and Developed MCA/ LEET Entrance Examination Evaluation System
- Design & Development of Computing Laboratories.
- Test, maintain, and monitor computer programs and systems, including coordinating the installation of computer programs and systems.
- Act as Observer at various locations of India for Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology Distance Education Examinations.
- Managing the online Faculty recruitment portal.
- Managing the online Annual Appraisal Form (PAS) portal.
- Team member of the committee looking after various National and International Rankings of the Institute.
- Deputed for NRI Admissions at Nepal & Bangladesh.
Job Profile at Punjab Public Service Commission, Patiala (March, 2006 to Aug, 2008)
- Head in-charge of Computer Department in the Punjab Public Service Commission, Patiala.
- Nature of duties performed is as below:
- Design and Development of Examination Management system including database design.
- Designed & Developed visitor management system, rules & promotions application, inventory management system.
- Handling of databases for various examinations conducted by Punjab Public Service commission for the posts of PCS (Executive Branch) & Allied Services, PCS (J), DSP's, DS (Jail), Distt. Probation Officers, BDPO's, Treasury Officers, Forest Officers Examination etc.
- To implement various kinds of custom reporting as per requirement of the commission
- Web site designing and implementation including dynamic content updating.
- Independently handled Punjab Public Services Examination work for the various examinations conducted by the Commission.
- Implemented various software’s as per the commission’s requirement for the examination work.
Job Profile at Department of Information Technology, Punjab, Chandigarh (Nov, 2003 to March, 2006)
- Asstt. System Manager-cum-Consultant as Asstt. in-charge of E-Commerce Divison,in the Department of Information Technology,Government of Punjab
- Nature of duties performed is as below:
- Liaison with other IT agencies, State Governments and Government of India for induction of Information Technology in the State
- Participated in the meetings regarding Procurement of Hardware and other IT products worth in crores in the past for various departments through Standing Tender Opening and Evaluation Committee (STOEC).
- Developing State Technical Standards to ensure compatibility across Government departments.
- Developing strategic partnerships for IT sector development & interface with software developers/ consultants.
- Assisted in Preparation of a policy document for
- Acquisition and Disposal of IT Resources by any department
- Preparation of Tender Documents for Punjab Government- BOOT, BOO, Data Entry Outsourcing, Hardware Products, Consultancy & Management, Turnkey Solution Providers, Networking
- Preparations of SLAs
- Security Guidelines in Government Offices
- System Architecture
- General Guidelines for Setting of Local Area Networ
- Technical Sanctions for IT Projects- Procedures & Forms for Government Departments
- Assisted in Creation of Punjab State E-Governance Society (PSEGS) & District Societies
- Adoption of Information Technology, Computerization in Government Offices and office automation
- Finalization of Hardware specifications/ configurations and rate contracts
- Providing technical guidance required for site preparation during the installation of computers.
- Inspection of IT related products.
- Provision of technical support during installation, testing and commissioning of the hardware and system software.
- Provision of help during training programme in the use of computers and application software etc.
- Technical support for troubleshooting / maintenance in case of problems faced by the user departments.
- Design, implementation and review of the following IT/ computerization projects:
- Sukhmani Project – Integration of Citizen Services(Utility Bills collection- PSEB energy Bills, Water & Sewerage Bills, Telephone Bills etc)
- Implementation of Suwidha in all the 17 Districts & 72 SDM offices of Punjab (All DC office services under Single Window System- like arms licence, passport applications, certificates etc.)
- Implementation of Electronic Form Vendor in the Districts of Punjab
- Computerization of Thermal Power Plants in the Punjab
- Modernization and Restructuring of the office of Advocate General, Punjab
- Deployment of IT in Punjab Bhawan, N. Delhi
- Web Based Grievances Monitoring System (WEBGMS).
- Establishment of Common service centers (CSC) under National e-Governance Plan (NeGP)
Special Achievements: Organized/ Managed
- Appreciated by Government of Punjab for the work done in the implementation of Suwidha project in the State. Suwidha project ranked first at National level during 2004-2005.
- Appreciated by the team of Observers (Senior IAS officers) of Government of India for the work done in the implementation of Block Management software in the Patiala District. The software contains all the necessary information like name, Designation, contact, location, police party information etc including report printing of each officer/ staff deputed for assembly elections Feb’ 2007. The software was used by all the observers and the district control center.
- Deputed as Nodal Officer (IT) during Lok Sabha Elections 2014. Work appreciated by Sh. P.S Gill, I.A.S, Returning Officer-cum-Commissioner MCP-cum-Chief Administrator PUDA.
- Deputed as Nodal Officer (IT) during Punjab Vidhan Sabha Elections 2012. Certificate of appreciation was issued by Sh. Gurlovleen Singh, I.A.S Returning Officer-cum-Commissioner MCP.
- Member of organizing Committee of First Indo-Pak, Punjab Games during Nov-Dec’ 2004, held in Patiala.
- Organized workshop on “SAP HANA & APAP for HANA” with SAP India Pvt. Ltd from June 9-10, 2014.
- Project formulation
- Project Planning
- Project Evaluation
- Project implementation
- Project Monitoring
- Project management
- End to end Tender/ biding process management
- Service Level Agreements
Participation in National level Conferences
- Elitex 2003, Ministry of Communication and Information Technology, Department of Information Technology, Govt of India, New Delhi, India.
- Elitex 2004, New Delhi, India.
- Indian International Trade Fair’ Nov’ 2004, New Delhi, India.
- India International Trade Fair’ Nov’ 2005, New Delhi, India
- Punjab Assembly Elections Feb’ 2007 for Patiala District, India.
- Workshop on Java learning program, Dec 2008.
- ABAP workshop Bhubneshwar July’ 2010.
- DWDM Conference Sep’ 2010, Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala.
- IBM Certified Academic Associate DB2 9 Database & Application Fundamentals.
- SAP University Alliance Program- Faculty Workshop on ABAP held on July 21-23, 2010 at Bhubaneswar, Orissa.
- IBM SPSS training program held on Dec 14-17, 2011 at Thapar University, Patiala.
- ECED Workshop on Applications of MATLAB in engineering held on Aug 24-25, 2013 at Thapar University, Patiala.
- Course on “IBM Worklight: Mobile Application Development” held on Oct 3-4, 2013 at CSED Thapar University, Patiala
- Institution of Engineers (India) TU Chapter- Workshop on Introduction to MATLAB held on Oct 26-27, 2013 at Thapar University, Patiala.
- UGC Sponsored National Workshop on Multilingual Technologies held on Nov 11-17, 2013 at Punjabi University Patiala.
- TEQIP-II Sponsored National workshop on NLP held on Dec 6-7, 2013 at Thapar University, Patiala.
- National Workshop on “fuzzy sets and big data” held on April 12-15, 2016