Duality & Mixed Duality Theory, Nonlinear Programming, Multiobjective & Nondifferentiable programs, Variational Problems, Fractional Programming Problems.
Dr. Navdeep Kailey is currently working as an Assistant Professor in School of Mathematics, at Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala. He has completed his Ph.D. from Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology in 2011. In 2014, he has joined as a Lecturer. Navdeep Kailey was appointed, in 2018, as an Assistant Professor in School of Mathematics at Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala. His area of research is Optimization. His research articles are published in international journals of repute and have got 134 citations. He has taught courses of Numerical Analysis, Optimization Techniques, Mathematics-I and Mathematics-II.
- Ph.D. from Thapar University (Formerly TIET), Patiala in Optimization Techniques (specialization Duality Theory in Non linear Programming) in 2011
- M.Sc. from Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar/GIMT, Mandigobindgarh with first position (80.40 %) in 2007
- B.Sc. (Non Medical) from Punjab University, Chandigarh/S.C.D. Govt. College, Ludhiana with first position (74.4%) in 2005
- 12th (Non Medical) from P.S.E.B/A. S. Sr. Sec. School, Khanna with first position (62.22%) in 2002
- 10th from P.S.E.B/Arya Putri Sr. Sec. School, Doraha with first position (73.23%) in 2000
Experience: Total Teaching Experience 10 years
Membership of Professional Institutions, Associations, Societies: Life Member, International Working Group on Generalized Convexity, U.S.A
- Description of Research Interests: Navdeep Kailey’s research interests are in the field of Nonlinear Programming, Convex Analysis, Duality Theory, Mixed Duality Theory, Symmetric Duality, Multiobjective/Nondifferentiable/Fractional/Variational/Bilevel Programming Problems. He is guiding Ph.D. and M.Sc. students in this field.
- Ph.D. awarded to Dr. Sonali in Some Aspects of Duality in Mathematical Programming Problems registered in jan, 2016<\li>
- Ph.D. ongoing of Ms. Shivani Saini in Optimality and Duality Results for Various Bilevel Programming Problems registered in july, 2018<\li>
- Ph.D. ongoing of Mr. Vivek Dhingra in Optimality and Duality for Variational & Bilevel Optimization Problems registered in August, 2019<\li>
- N. Kailey, S.K. Gupta and D. Dangar, Mixed second-order mutliobjective symmetric duality with cone constraints, Nonlinear Analysis: Real World Applications, 12 (2011) 3373-3383. (Elsevier) (IF: 2.072)
- N. Kailey and S.K. Gupta, Duality for a class of symmetric nondifferentiable mutliobjective fractional variational problems with generalized (F, alpha, rho, d)-convexity, Mathematical and Computer Modelling, 57 (2013) 1453-1465. (Elsevier)
- N. Kailey and S.K. Gupta, Nondifferentiable second-order mixed symmetric duality with cone constraints, Maejo International Journal of Science and Technology, 6 (2012) 356-371. (IF: 0.326)
- S.K. Gupta, N. Kailey and S. Kumar, Duality for nondifferentiable multiobjective higher-order symmetric programs over cones involving generalized (F, alpha, rho, d)-convexity, Journal of inequalities and applications, 298 (2012) 1-16. doi:10.1186/1029-242X-2012-298 (Springer) (IF: 1.136)
- S.K. Gupta and N. Kailey, Nondifferentiable multiobjective second-order symmetric duality, Optimization Letters, 5 (2011) 125-139. (Springer) (IF: 1.502)
- S.K. Gupta and N. Kailey, Multiobjective second-order mixed symmetric duality with a square root term, Applied Mathematics and Computation, 218 (2012) 7602-7613 (Elsevier) (IF: 3.472)
- S.K. Gupta and N. Kailey, Second-order multiobjective symmetric duality involving cone-bonvex functions, Journal of Global Optimization, 55 (2013) 125-140 (Springer) (IF: 1.805)
- S.K. Gupta and N. Kailey, A note on multiobjective second-order symmetric duality, European Journal of Operational Research, 201 (2010) 649-651. (Elsevier) (IF: 4.213)
- S.K. Gupta, N. Kailey and M.K. Sharma, Higher-order (F, alpha, rho, d) - convexity and symmetric duality in multiobjective programming, Computers and Mathematics with Applications, 60 (2010) 2373-2381. (Elsevier) (IF: 3.370)
- S.K. Gupta, N. Kailey and M.K. Sharma, Multiobjective second-order nondifferentiable symmetric duality involving (F, alpha, rho, d)-convex functions, Journal of Applied Mathematics and Informatics, 28 (2010) 1395-1408. (Korean SIGCAM)
- S.K. Gupta, N. Kailey and M.K. Sharma, Mond-Weir type nondifferentiable multiobjective second-order symmetric duality with cone constraints, International Journal of Mathematics in Operational Research, 3 (2011) 414-430. (Inderscience)
- I. Ahmad, S.K. Gupta, N. Kailey and R.P. Agarwal, Duality in nondifferentiable minimax fractional programming with B-(p, r)-invexity, Journal of Inequalities and Applications, 75 (2011) 1-14. (Springer) (IF: 1.136)
- R.P. Agarwal, I. Ahmad, S.K. Gupta and N. Kailey, Generalized second-order mixed symmetric duality in nondifferentiable mathematical programming, Abstract and Applied Analysis, volume 2011, Article ID 103597, 14 pages, doi:10.1155/2011/103597. (Hindawi USA)
- N. Kailey and S.K. Gupta, Duality for mixed second-order programs with multiple arguments, Filomat, 28: 2 (2014) 397-410, doi:10.2298/FIL1402397K (IF: 0.848)
- S.K. Gupta, D. Dangar, N. Kailey and S. Kumar, Second-order nondifferentiable multiobjective mixed symmetric dual programs over cones, Journal of Mathematical Modelling and Algorithms, 14 (2015) 103-123. (Springer).
- Sonali, N. Kailey and V. Sharma, On second order duality of minimax fractional programming with square root term involving generalized B-(p,r)-invex functions, Annals of Operations Research, 244 (2016) 603-617. (Springer) (IF:2.583)
- Sonali, N. Kailey and V. Sharma, Erratum to: On second order duality of minimax fractional programming with square root term involving generalized B-(p,r)-invex functions, Annals of Operations Research, 259 (2017) 503-503. (Springer) (IF:2.583)
- N. Kailey and Sonali, Higher-order symmetric duality in nondifferentiable multiobjective optimization over cones, Filomat, 33 (3) (2019) 711-724. (IF:0.848)
- A. Kaur, N. Kailey and M. K. Sharma, Higher-order duality of multiobjective constrained ratio optimization problems, Filomat, 33 (3) (2019) 1985-1998. (IF:0.848)
- Sonali, V. Sharma and N. Kailey, Higher-order non-symmetric duality for nondifferentiable minimax fractional programs with square root terms, Acta Mathematica Scientia, 40 (2020) 127-140. (Springer) (IF:0.919)
- Wolfe type multiobjective second-order symmetric duality involving cone-invex functions, presented in International Conference on New Trend in Statistics and Optimization held at University of Kashmir (Oct. 20-23, 2008)
- Multiobjective second-order nondifferentiable symmetric duality involving generalized cone-invex functions, presented in International Conference & 41st Annual Convention held at Tirupati (Dec. 15-17, 2008)
- Higher-order duality in multiobjective programming, presented in 8th triennial Conference of Association of Asian Pacific Operational Research Society held at Jaipuriya Institute of Management, Jaipur (Dec. 6-9, 2009)
- International Conference on Recent Advances in Optimization Theory and Applications (RAOTA) held at University of Delhi, Delhi during January 30-31, 2016.
Achievement, Awards and Recognitions
- Qualified GRADUATE APTITUDE TEST IN ENGINEERING (GATE), Conducted by Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur on behalf of the Department of Secondary and Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India in 2007 and secured 329 score and 362 All India Rank.
- Qualified UGC-NET (Eligibility for Lectureship), Conducted on behalf of University Grant Commission, New Delhi in 2010 and secured 11 Rank in the subject Mathematical Sciences.
Message to Students & Community
Never lose hope, until and unless you are not getting success.