Mathematical Modeling in Epidemiology and Ecology
Dr. Anuj Kumar is working with School of Mathematics, Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala since November, 2018. He has completed his PhD degree from India Institute of Technology, Patna. His broad area of research includes mathematical modeling in epidemiology, ecology, applications of differential equations in biology, stability and bifurcation analysis. More precisely, mathematical modeling, analysis and control the spread of infectious diseases through various control interventions with help of optimal control theory.
- Ph.D. from IIT Patna in Mathematical Modeling in Epidemiology
- M.Sc. (Mathematics) from CSJM University, Kanpur
- B.Sc. (Mathematics, Physics) from CSJM University, Kanpur
Experience: Total Teaching Experience: more than 4 years
- Assistant Professor: Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology (Deemed to be University), Patiala, India from November, 2018 to Present.
- Assistant Professor: Jaypee Institute of Information Technology (Deemed to be University), Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India from June, 2018 to November, 2018.
- Visiting Assistant Professor: Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology (Deemed to be University), Patiala, India from June, 2017 to June 2018.
- Tutor: Took tutorial classes of MA101 and MA102 (Mathematics courses for B.Tech students covering Calculus, Linear Algebra and Ordinary Differential Equations) at Indian Institute of Technology Patna, India during 2013-2014.
- Engineering Mathematics
- Ordinary Differential Equations
- Nonlinear Dynamics
- Linear Algebra
- Mathematical Modeling in Epidemiology and Ecology
- Applications of Ordinary Differential Equations and Delay Differential Equations in Biology
- Stability and Bifurcation Analysis
- Application of Optimal Control Theory in Epidemiology
- Tanuja Das, Prashant K Srivastava, Anuj Kumar, Nonlinear Dynamical Behaviour of an SEIR Mathematical Model: Effect of Information and Saturated Treatment. Chaos: An Interdisciplinary Journal of Nonlinear Science, Vol. 31 (2021), pp. 043104. [SCIE, Impact Factor: 2.832, AIP]
- Roshan Mandale, Anuj Kumar, D. K. K. Vamsi, Prashant K Srivastava, Dynamics of an Infectious Disease in the Presence of Saturated Medical Treatment of Holling Type III and Self-protection. Journal of Biological Systems, Vol. 29 (2021), pp. 1-45. [SCIE, Impact Factor: 0.733, World Scientific]
- Anuj Kumar, Prashant K Srivastava, Yueping Dong, Yasuhiro Takeuchi, Optimal Control for Infectious Diseases via Information-Induced Vaccination and Limited Treatment. Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Vol. 542 (2020), pp. 123196 (pages 17). [SCIE, Impact Factor: 2.924, Elsevier]
- Anuj Kumar, Prashant K Srivastava, Role of Optimal Screening and Treatment on Infectious Diseases Dynamics in Presence of Information Induced Self-protection. Differential Equation and Dynamical Systems (2019), https://doi.org/10.1007/s12591-019-00467-x. [Scopus Indexed, Springer]
- Anuj Kumar, Prashant K Srivastava, Anuradha Yadav, Delayed Information Induces Oscillations in a Dynamical Model for Infectious Disease. International Journal of Biomathematics, 2019, Vol. 12 No. 2 (2019), pp. 1950020-1 (pages 34). [SCIE, Impact Factor: 1.05, World Scientific]
- Anuj Kumar, Prashant K Srivastava, Ravi P Gupta, Nonlinear Dynamics of Infectious Diseases via Information-Induced Vaccination and Saturated Treatment. Mathematics and Computers in Simulation, Vol. 157 (2019), pp. 77-99. [SCI, Impact Factor: 1.476, Elsevier]
- Anuj Kumar, Prashant K Srivastava, Yasuhiro Takeuchi, Modeling the Role of Information and Limited Optimal Treatment on Disease Prevalence. Journal of Theoretical Biology, Vol. 414 (2017), pp. 103-119. [SCI, Impact Factor: 1.833, Elsevier]
- Anuj Kumar, Prashant K Srivastava, Vaccination and Treatment as Control Interventions in an Infectious Disease Model with Their Cost Optimization. Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, Vol. 44 (2017), pp. 334-343. [SCIE, Impact Factor: 3.181, Elsevier]
- Anuj Kumar, Anuradha Yadav, Prashant K Srivastava, Control of Infectious Diseases through Vaccination and Treatment. International Journal of Biomathematics and Systems Biology, Vol. 2 No. 2 (2016), pp. 1-17. [Invited Paper]
- Anuradha Yadav, Prashant K Srivastava, Anuj Kumar, Mathematical Model for Smoking: Effect of Determination and Education, International Journal of Biomathematics, Vol. 8 No. 1 (2015), pp. 1550001-1 (pages 14). [SCIE, Impact Factor: 1.05, World Scientific]
- Anuj Kumar, Note on “Optimal control of vaccination and treatment for an SIR epidemiological model-Vol. 8(2012) No. 3, pp. 194-204”, World Journal of Modelling and Simulation, Vol. 10 No. 2 (2014), pp. 148-151. [Scopus Indexed, World Academic Press]
Book Chapters & Conference Proceedings
- Anuj Kumar, Prashant K Srivastava, Delayed Information Induced Self-protection Leads to Oscillations in an Epidemic Model. Emerging Trends in Mathematical Sciences and its Applications, AIP Conference Proceedings, 2061, pp. 020035-1-8, 2019. [https://doi.org/10.1063/1.5086657, Scopus Indexed]
- Anuj Kumar, Prashant K Srivastava, Delay Induced Oscillations in a Dynamical Model for Infectious Disease. Trends in Biomathematics: Modeling, Optimization and Computational Problems, pp. 313-324, 2018, Springer, Cham. [ISBN-9783319910925, https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-91092-5_21]
- Anuj Kumar, Prashant K Srivastava, Anuradha Yadav, Study of Global Stability and Optimal Treatment Strategy for an Infectious Disease Model. Mathematical Biology and Biological Physics, pp. 269-287, 2017, World Scientific. [ISBN-9789813227897, https://doi.org/10.1142/9789813227880_0016]
- Anuj Kumar, Prashant K Srivastava, Global Stability and Impact of Information on Infectious Disease Model with Optimal Treatment. International Conference on Mathematical Sciences-2014 (ICMS2014), pp. 735-738. [ISBN-9789351072614, Elsevier]
National Conferences/ Symposiums
Achievement, Awards and Recognitions
Membership of Professional Bodies
- Delivered talk on “Modeling and Study the Dynamical Behaviour of Infectious Diseases via Information” in the International Conference on Science Technology and Management (ISCTM-2021) during July 31-August 01, 2021.
- Delivered talk on “Optimal Control and its applications” in the Workshop on Bio-Mathematics (WoBM-2020) held at Indian Institute of Technology Patna during December 8-11, 2020.
- International Conference on Recent Developments in Theory and Computation & Application of Differential Equations (ICRDTCADE-2019) at South Asian University, India during Jan. 21-23, 2019.
- 106th Indian Science Congress Association (ISCA-2017) at Lovely Professional University, India during Jan. 01-05, 2019.
- International Conference on Current Trends in Theoretical and Computational Differential Equations with Applications (CTTCDEA-2017) at South Asian University, India during Dec. 01-05, 2017.
- International Conference on Mathematical Modeling and Simulation (ICMMS2016) at Banaras Hindu University, India during Aug. 29-31, 2016.
- International Conference on Mathematical and Modeling, Differential Equations, Scientific Computing & Applications at IIT Kanpur, India during March 27-29, 2016.
- 7th Workshop Dynamical Systems Applied to Biology and Natural Sciences at University of Évora, Portugal during Feb. 02-05, 2016.
- International Conference on Mathematical and Computational Biology at IIT Kanpur, India during Feb. 28, 2015 to Mar. 03, 2015.
- International conference on Mathematical Sciences (ICMS2014) at Sathyabama University, Chennai, India during July 17–19, 2014.
- International conference on Mathematical Modeling and Computer Simulation with Applications (ICMMCSA2014) at IIT Kanpur, India during Dec. 31, 2013–Jan. 02, 2014.
- National Conference on Recent Trends in Differential Equation: Theory, Modeling and Computation 2019 (NCDE-2019) at IIT Patna, India during March 29-30, 2019.
- Poster presentation in 5th Research Scholars’ Day 2016 of the Indian Institute of Technology Patna, India on Feb. 28, 2016.
- Symposium on Modeling and Computation at IIT Patna, India during April 09, 2016.
- 80th Annual Conference of the Indian Mathematical Society at ISM Dhanbad, India during Dec. 27-30, 2014.
- Poster presentation in 4th Research Scholars’ Day 2014 of the Indian Institute of Technology Patna, India on March 08, 2014.
- 29th Annual Conference of the Mathematical Society Banaras Hindu University on Recent Trends in Mathematical Modeling and Simulations (ACMS-BHU 2014) at Banaras Hindu University, India during Feb. 03-04, 2014.
- IMS Prize for Best Paper in the area of Bio-mathematics awarded by Indian Mathematical Society in its 80th Annual Conference at ISM Dhanbad, India, 2014.
- Best Poster Presentation award in the area of Mathematics in 5th Research Scholars’ Day 2016 of the Indian Institute of Technology Patna, India, 2016.
- International Travel Support from SERB, DST, India to attend the 7th Workshop Dynamical Systems Applied to Biology and Natural Sciences from 02.02.2016 to 05.02.2016 at University of Evora, Portugal.
- Senior Research Fellowship (SRF): Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, India, 2014-2017.
- Junior Research Fellowship (JRF): Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, India, 2012-2014.
- CSIR-JRF(NET) (JUNE-2011, AIR-13; DECEMBER-2010, AIR-65)
- GATE-Mathematics (2011, AIR-141)
- Life member- Indian Mathematical Society (IMS), India (Membership No: L/2017/37)
- Life member- Indian Science Congress Association (ISCA), India (Membership No: L37547).
- Life member- Indian Academy for Mathematical Modelling and Simulation (IAMMS), India.
- Student Member (2014) - Society for Mathematical Biology (SMB), USA.