Dr. Meenu Rani is working as an Assistant Professor in the School of Mathematics (SOM), Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala. She joined the department in July 2017. She completed her PhD from Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee. Her area of research is Approximation theory. She has taught UG and PG students various subjects namely Engineering Mathematics (I, II and III), Real Analysis, Numerical Analysis, Topology.
- Ph.D. (IIT Roorkee) in Approximation Theory
- M. Sc. In Mathematics from Panjab University, Chandigarh.
- B.A. in M. M. College Fatehabad affiliated from Kurukshetra University Kurukshetra.
Experience: Total Teaching Experience 2 years 9 months
- August 2016 – July 2017: Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics, Dehradun Institute of Technology, Dehradun.
- August 2017 – October 2018: Lecturer, School of Mathematics, TIET, Patiala.
- Real Analysis
- Functional Analysis
- Complex Analysis
- Numerical Analysis
- Real and Complex Analysis
- Approximation Theory
- Operator Theory
- Meenu Goyal, V. Gupta and P. N. Agrawal, Quantitative convergence results for a family of hybrid operators, Appl. Math. Comput. 271 (2015) 893-904. [SCI Impact Factor 2.300]..
- H. Karsli, P. N. Agrawal and Meenu Goyal, General Gamma type operators based on q-integers, Appl. Math. Comput. 251 (2015) 564-575. [SCI Impact Factor 2.300].
- P. N. Agrawal , H. Karsli and Meenu Goyal, Szasz-Baskakov type operators based on q-integers, J. Inequal. Appl., 441 (2014) 1-18. [SCI Impact Factor 0.966].
- P. N. Agrawal and Meenu Goyal, Generalized Baskakov Kantorovich Operators, Fiolmat, 31 (19) (2017) 6131-6151. [SCI Impact Factor 0.635].
- V. Gupta, Th M. Rassias, P. N. Agrawal, Meenu Goyal, Approximation with certain genuine hybrid operators, Filomat 32 (6) (2018) . [SCI Impact Factor 0.635].
- A. Kajla, N. Ispir, P. N. Agrawal and Meenu Goyal, q-Bernstein-Schurer-Durrmeyer type operators for functions of one and two variables, Appl. Math. Comput., 275 (2016) 372-385. [SCI Impact Factor 2.300].
- Meenu Goyal and P. N. Agrawal, Blending type approximation by complex Szasz-Durrmeyer-Chlodowsky operators in compact disks, Math. Slovaca (2019), in press. [SCI Impact Factor 0.462].
- Meenu Goyal and P. N. Agrawal, Bezier variant of the generalized Baskakov-Kantorovich operators, Boll. Dell’Unione. Mat. Ital., 8 (4) (2016) 229-238.
- Meenu Goyal, A. Kajla, P. N. Agrawal and Serkan Araci, Approximation by bivariate Bernstein- Durrmeyer operators on a Triangle, Appl. Math. Inf. Sci. 11 (2017) 1-10.
- Meenu Goyal and P. N. Agrawal, Bezier variant of the Jakimovski–Leviatan–Paltanea operators based on Appell polynomials, Ann Univ Ferrara, 63 (2) (2017) 289-302.
- A. Kajla and Meenu Goyal, Modified Bernstein–Kantorovich operators for functions of one and two variables, Rend. Circ. Mat. Palermo, II, 67 (2) (2017) 379-395.
- Meenu Goyal and Arun Kajla, Blending-type approximation by generalized Lupas-type operators, Bol. Soc. Mat. Mex, (2017) DOI 10.1007/s40590-017-0178-2, 1-17.
- P. N. Agrawal , Meenu Goyal and A. Kajla, q-Bernstein-Schurer-Kantorovich type operators, Boll. Dell’Unione. Mat. Ital., 8 (3) (2016) 169-180.
- A. Kajla and Meenu Goyal, Blending type approximation by Bernstein-Durrmeyer type operators, Mat. Vesn., 70 (1) (2018) 40-54.
- P. N. Agrawal and Meenu Goyal, Bivariate extension of linear positive operators: Mathematical Analysis, Approximation Theory and Their Applications, Th. M. Rassias and V. Gupta (Eds.), Chapter 2, 111 (2016) 978-3- 319-31279- 8 (Springer).
- Meenu Goyal and P. N. Agrawal, Degree of approximation by certain genuine hybrid operators,; Presented in International conference on recent trends in mathematical analysis and its applications (ICRTMAA-2014) on 21 - 23 December, 2014 organized by IIT Roorkee, Roorkee.
- Meenu Goyal and P. N. Agrawal, Bezier variant of the Jakimovski–Leviatan–Paltanea operators based on Appell polynomials,; Presented in International conference on modern mathematical methods and high performance in computing in science and technology (M3HPCST-2015)" on 27 -29 December 2015, organized by Raj Kumar Goel Institute of Technology, Ghaziabad, India.
- Participated in the conference "National conference on Recent development in Mathematics with their application" held at Govt. (P.G.) College for Women Bhodia Khera, Fatehabad. India from 15-17th Mar 2012.
Achievement, Awards and Recognitions
- 2011: Qualified GATE with all India rank 160.
- 2012: Qualified CSIR-NET (JRF and NET) in Mathematical Sciences with all India Rank 42.
- Got sixth position in graduation at University level.
Message to Students & Community
Everyone has a talent and so do you. Let it shine out, is all you have to do.